THE PEGASUS SPORTS FOUNDATION’S GRANTS POLICY
Decision by Net Proceeds Committee
1. All final funding decisions are made by The Pegasus Sports Foundation’s net proceeds committee (the “Committee”).
2. Grant applications found to be non-compliant will not be approved. In this context, “non-compliant” means grant applications that do not contain all the relevant information, are retrospective, where previous audit information has not been received, where a refund has not been returned, where there is a conflict of interest, where it does not comply with the authorised purpose of the Pegasus Sports Foundation, or where there is information that the applicant has received funding from other source(s) for the full amount needed for the purpose applied for here.
3. Grants will only be made in accordance with The Pegasus Sports Foundation’s authorised purpose.
4. Recipients of grant funding must return paid invoices and bank statements to The Pegasus Sports Foundation immediately the funds have been spent to complete the audit requirement. If these funds were not spent for the appropriate purpose, The Pegasus Sports Foundation will request a refund of the full amount of the grant. If a funding surplus exists, the surplus must be returned to The Pegasus Sports Foundation by cheque.
5. Where information is obtained by the Committee indicating that a grant recipient has received funding from other source(s) for the full amount needed for the purpose applied for here, the Committee will take reasonable steps to obtain a return of the money from the grant recipient.
6. Grants will not be approved unless the application is on The Pegasus Sports Foundation’s grant application form and includes:
(a) the applicant's name and contact details;
(b) the purpose of the applicant and the name and contact details (including a street address) of a contact person;
(c) specific reasons for the grant application;
(d) the total amount of money sought;
(e) evidence supporting the total amount sought (for example, competitive quotes for goods or services to be paid for by the grant);
(f) whether the applicant has applied for funds for the same specific purpose from another source;
(g) whether the applicant is registered for GST and, if so, its GST number;
(h) the applicant's bank account details;
(i) a declaration by 2 representatives of the applicant confirming that –
(i) the information provided in the application form is true and correct to the best of their knowledge; and
(ii) they have the authority to make the application on behalf of the applicant.
(j) the application form must include space for The Pegasus Sports Foundation to record:
(i) the amount approved;
(ii) the date of the approval;
(iii) the cheque number or details of the direct debit;
(iv) the grant number; and
(v) the signature of Pegasus Sports Foundation’s officer.
7. Grant applicants will be provided with reasons for The Pegasus Sports Foundation’s decision if The Pegasus Sports Foundation decides to decline a grant application.
8. Complaints can be made to The Pegasus Sports Foundation’s Managing Director by writing to the Trust.
9. Complaints about the conduct of The Pegasus Sports Foundation may also be made to the Secretary of the Department of Internal Affairs at: P O Box 10-095, Wellington.
Grant Promises Prohibited
10. Agreements promising to provide grants to potential grant recipients from proceeds that have not yet been generated will not be entered into.
11. The Pegasus Sports Foundation members and staff will not promise or imply the approval of particular grant applications prior to their proper consideration.
12. A substantial portion of the net proceeds received during a financial year will be distributed to the community for authorised purposes on, at least, a quarterly basis.
13. All net proceeds received during a financial year will be distributed to the community for authorised purposes within three months following the end of that financial year.
14. The following records shall be kept in a database format:
a. The date that each grant is made;
b. The name of the grant recipient;
c. The specific purpose of the grant;
d. The amount of the grant;
e. The cheque number or direct bank payment transaction details; and
f. The grant request ID number.
15. The grant application and all supporting information will be retained by The Pegasus Sports Foundation.